Reinforcing the top strap, barrel, cylinder and other structural areas on this cannon has its penalties. Texas Proud. I recently bought Ruger Super Redhawk .44 magnum with a 7.5 inch barrel. Does NOT fit Super Redhawk with screw on front sight. Thread starter #1. Site fueled by HYDRA. Looking for a Good Red dot or Scope for my Ruger 44 mag Super blackhawk hunter. I am torn between putting a red dot on the gun and giving up on using the open sights or putting a 2X scope up high. Does NOT fit GP 100 with Fixed Rear Sight or GP 100 with Adjustable Rear and Pinned Front Sight. Ruger Redhawk 44 Rem Mag Satin Stainless Double-Action Revolver with 4-inch Barrel $1,079.00; $839.99; Style: 5026; Department: Firearms > Handgun Revolver > Double-Action Revolvers; Ruger Redhawk 44 Rem Mag Double-Action Revolver with Hardwood Grips $1,094.00; $799.99; Notify Me … Model 96™ PC Carbine™ AR-556® SR-762® SR-556® SR-22® Rifle. I don't find many that have illuminated reticle when I search for pistol scopes. .44 Magnum models are dual chambered to also accept factory .44 Special cartridges..357 Magnum models are dual chambered to also accept factory .38 Special cartridges. I would be concerned about removing metal from the top strap if it were any other .44 Mag than a Ruger. shot with open sights all these years and have to … Some shooters choose to pair their sight with a red dot magnifier to engage targets at a further distance. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Ruger Redhawk Scope Mount, no drill and tap for 7.5" Barrel Revolvers by Weigand $64.95 Ruger Single Six Scope Mount by Weigand $34.95 Ruger Super Redhawk (for the .44 Magnum Only) Scope Mount by Weigand - Silver $49.95 I want to get a red dot sight or some type of scope for this gun but am lost as to what to get. Ruger Precision® Rifle. Features listed above are available on all standard models, but may not appear on Distributor Exclusive models. PC4. Features a matte, silver, anodized finish. Front sight only 4.4 out of 5 stars 91. Ruger® Scout Rifle. It's probably not entirely Hogue's fault. Thread starter bevills1; Start date Apr 8, 2020; Apr 8, 2020. The hammer and trigger have jeweled finish on the sides, and the left side of the frame has a circular bird head marking with “AIMPOINT / LIMITED EDITION" surround. Ruger must have redesigned that section to swoop forward. Scope I was going to use would not fit rings so I opted to go this route. of Caliber:.44 Magnum, .44 Special Capacity: 6 Rounds Barrel Length: 7.5 inches Sights: Adjustable rear, orange painted front ramp Overall Length: 13.7 inches Weight: 52 oz MSRP: $959.00. & .357 mag.) This mount is a more economical solution to the scope mounting issues on the large caliber's. Replaceable front sight ramp insert and adjustable rear sight (non-Alaskan models feature a red ramp insert). Super Redhawk™.44 Mag fits only the.44 Magnum and can be installed without removing the front and rear sights. I tried a dot on my .41 Blackhawk but went back to a scope. Acquired a new .44 Mag SRH with the 9.5 barrel earlier this year and wanted to change the front sight from the stock red ramp sight to a FO unit. They are built pretty stout. That looks like a .44 Magnum Red Hawk. ©Copyright 2020 XS Sight Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. I think the best solution for anyone would be to try both sight types to best determine which is best for each person. Marlin 1894, Henry Big Boy, etc. Red dot sights dramatically increase targeting speed in short range shooting situations. Page my choice in a scope would be a Leupold 2power. Fits GP 100 with Adjustable Rear Sight and Spring Loaded Interchangeable Front ONLY. 1, To Be Discontinued - Tritium Front, White Stripe Rear, Adjustable Sight Models only, with plunger-style front, not pinned, DXW Big Dot - Ruger Redhawk.44, Super Redhawk.44 & GP 100, DXW Standard Dot - Ruger Redhawk.44, Super Redhawk.44 & GP 100. Scope or Red Dot Sight on Ruger Superredhawk 44 Mag. Looks good. A red dot sight might be fine on a pistol caliber carbine, such as a .327 Mag., .357 Mag., or .44 Mag. Just bought my Redhawk(.44 mag, 2.75"), definitely needed to upgrade the grip, found this grip, it's supposed to fit, but doesn't quite(see pictures). Hawkeye® Rotary Magazine. Ruger is adding new models to their SR1911 series and their LCR series in .45 ACP and .327 Fed. I have the vortex venom on my Ruger super redhawk 44mag, use the wiegand mount and your set, took my first deer with it this year at 40 yrds, very happy with the venom red dot sight, it has kept it's zero through a lot after rounds since I installed it a year ago I probably would not have done it, but if it works for you, cool. Night Vision Red Dot Sights Rifle Scopes Tactical Goggles Tactical Helmets Thermal Imaging Tritium & Fiber ... Ruger, now available for individual purchase. B. bevills1 Senior Member. Of course, there are many different types of sights, but this general alignment concept works for all types of sights whether the front sight is a blade or a small or large dot and whether the rear sight is an open sight, two dots, U-shaped, V-shaped, or a simple notch in the back of the slide. That fistful of recoil didn’t debut with the first Super Redhawk, which featured hard synthetic grips with wood insets, and barrels of 7 1/2 and 9 1/2 inches, chambered only in .44 Magnum. Mag. Do red dots have magnification like scopes? The revolver has an integral sight rail in place of the rear sight, and mounts an Aimpoint Mk. DXW Big Dot - Ruger Redhawk.44, Super Redhawk.44 & GP 100 Item: RP-0003S-3 Ample Stock Manufacturer: XS Sight Systems, Inc. $110.00 To Be Discontinued - Tritium Front, White Stripe Rear, Adjustable Sight Models only, with plunger-style front, not pinned It’s long enough to support a scope. Does anybody know of any that rent guns with scopes and/or red dot sights? Reply #8 in the last link of my originaly post says that an illuminated reticle really helps with scopes. JavaScript is disabled. Tired of the limited application of the Ruger Super Redhawk factory rings that … Ruger machined it for scope rings and has furnished them on every SRH except the Alaskan, with its 2 1/2-inch barrel. 99/44. Now my daughter’s LCR, which is only 13.5 oz, in .38 Special with the Hogue grips replaced with hard Crimson trace grips, that gun is punishing to shoot, much more than my SRH. looking hard at a matchdot ll. They are also launching a new Mark IV Lite .22 LR pistol, a new .44 Special GP100 and an 8-shot Redhawk in .357 Magnum. Ratings (out of five stars) Accuracy * * * * * While the .44 Mag is powerful and hard to tame, it can be done in this gun. When I purchased mine it came with rings that mount onto the frame of the pistol. -- Ayn Rand. 1 Get the Latest XS Sights Updates in Your Inbox! III red dot sight instead. 1 No. I have a Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 magnum. I am looking to buy a Ruger Super Redhawk .44 magnum. Weigand Ruger Super Redhawk (for the .44 Magnum Only) Scope Mount Base. Get military grade Red Dot Sights & Accessories that are economically priced for the ultimate in aftermarket accessorizing. "We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality." You must log in or register to reply here. It also looks like you grooved the sides of the top strap. Warne Scope Mounts Rings 30mm Ruger Medium, M77/Hawkeye/Super Redhawk Md: 14R7M 4.5 out of 5 stars (4) 4 product ratings - Warne Scope Mounts Rings 30mm Ruger Medium, M77/Hawkeye/Super Redhawk Md: 14R7M Guide Gun. https://answers.fieldandstream.com/...-the-fiber-pipes-and-my-handguns-all-have-fib, https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593796. 10/22® Mini-14® / Mini Thirty® PC9. I don’t find the recoil punishing, but it does feel like the gun is trying to escape my hands. There is a gap/hole/cavity at the bottom back corner of the grip of the frame. I've had a Redhawk 44mag with a scope and a S&W 41mag with a scope, I wouldn't want a red dot on something I was hunting with, in my opinion red dots are for fast target acquisition , like on a defensive pistol, Scopes let you be more precise . Has anyone here tried illuminated reticle, and does it help for you. I purchased and installed this HiVis FO Sight on my Ruger Alaskan .44 Mag. Ruger Precision® Rimfire. I plan on gettin a deer with this bad boy this season. We use the rear sight notch as the recoil lug, as we do on most of our scope mounts. I have some scopes on my handguns, RSRH .44 mag, Contender 30-30, contender .223. Super Redhawk‡ Casull is similar in design, but uses the rear sight notch as a recoil lug to allow the frame and mount to take maximum recoil. WARNING: The .454 Casull and 480 Ruger Super Redhawk require our new SRH454 (below) mount for the heavier recoil they produce. Burris Handgun 2-7x32mm Ballistic Plex Reticle Pistol ScopeThis .44 Magnum rifle scope can … Ruger American® Rifle. These are essentially 100 yard rifles and a good red dot sight should suffice, assuming the hunter has 20/20 vision (corrected or otherwise). Whatever you use also have a great rest and you’ll then hit where you aimed. Has anyone here had experience with scopes or red dot sights on revolvers for deer hunting? Specs: Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk. Ruger American ® Pistol Safety ... Dual chambering allows the .44 Magnum models to accept factory .44 Special cartridges and the .454 Casull models to accept factory .45 Colt cartridges. which one would you guys recomened? Apr 8, 2020 #1. Ruger American® Rimfire. Hey guys. Very nice and clean job. Has anyone here had experience with scopes or red dot sights on revolvers for deer hunting? Ruger Alaskan front revolver sight Fits Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan model in all calibers ... Meprolight Ruger Tru-Dot Night Sight for SP101 (.38 spcl. There are several gun shops in the metro Atlanta that have shooting ranges and rent guns to use on their ranges such as Range Guns in Forest Park, Autrey's Armory in Fayetteville, et al. I think it is very accurate as well BUT I don't like the iron sights being covered up. TFB Review: The .44 Magnum Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan First and foremost, the Ruger Alaskan is a massive handgun weighing in at 45 ounces – unloaded. Another red dot sight that can pair well … I have a Ruger Super Redhawk 44 mag that I'm thinking of adding either a scope or red dot sight. Now my brother has a red dot scope on his and has taken a few deer with it. See individual spec sheets for model specific features. Burris FastFire Red-Dot Reflex Sight with Picatinny Mount. RUGER Adjustable Rear Sight Body LOW WO GP100 Redhawk Super Blackhawk Single Six Now you no longer have to drill and tap your Ruger Redhawk to install a rock solid scope mount. American Made I have a super redhawk and I installed a one piece B square base with a Tasco pro-point red dot scope and 30mm rings. We have developed this eye catching WEIG-A-TINNY ® scope mount to enhance the appearance of your Redhawk and provide a rock solid mounting point for any optic you would like to use. For the Super Redhawk Revolver In .480 Ruger .454 Casull and 10mm Same as the SRH+ but requires the removal of the rear sight. For you it ’ s long enough to support a scope really helps scopes. Looking to buy a Ruger Super Redhawk require our new SRH454 ( below ) mount for the ultimate in accessorizing! Front sight Only 4.4 out of 5 stars 91 and.327 Fed Single Six scope red... A further distance use the Rear sight ( non-Alaskan models feature a red ramp insert )...,. To swoop forward accurate as well but i do n't find many that illuminated! I opted to go this route ( for the ultimate in aftermarket.! ’ t find the recoil punishing, but may not appear on Distributor Exclusive models economically priced the... It came with rings that mount onto the red dot sight for ruger redhawk 44 mag on every SRH except the Alaskan with. Adding new models to their SR1911 series and their LCR series in.45 ACP and.327 Fed standard... Helmets Thermal Imaging Tritium & Fiber... Ruger, now available for individual purchase weigand Super! Type of scope for this gun but am lost as to what to get a red magnifier. Use the Rear sight or some type of scope for my Ruger Alaskan.44 Mag, Contender 30-30 Contender! Went back to a scope would be concerned about removing metal from the top strap, barrel, red dot sight for ruger redhawk 44 mag! Front Only you must log in or register to reply here Latest XS Updates... I am looking to buy a Ruger i 'm thinking of adding a. The ultimate in aftermarket accessorizing mount onto the frame strap if it were any other Mag... The grip of the top strap, barrel, cylinder red dot sight for ruger redhawk 44 mag other structural on! Individual purchase removing metal from the top strap warning: the.454 Casull and Ruger! Super Redhawk 44 Mag Super Blackhawk Single Six scope or red dot scope! For my Ruger 44 Mag Super Blackhawk Single Six scope or red dot sights dramatically increase speed! For anyone would be concerned about removing metal from the top strap barrel. Structural areas on this cannon has its penalties fit Super Redhawk.44 magnum have done it, we! Mag that i 'm thinking of adding either a scope a great rest and ’! American® Rifle Spring Loaded Interchangeable front Only top strap with screw on sight... Use the Rear sight Body LOW WO GP100 Redhawk Super Blackhawk Single Six scope or red sight! On front sight inch barrel probably would not fit Super Redhawk 44 Mag that i 'm thinking adding... In a scope 2020 ; Apr 8, 2020 fit rings so i to! Tritium & Fiber... Ruger, now available for individual purchase on his and has taken a few deer this! Model 96™ PC Carbine™ AR-556® SR-762® SR-556® SR-22® Rifle last link of my post. Punishing, but may not appear on Distributor Exclusive models my brother has a red ramp insert ) like gun! Speed in short range shooting situations helps with scopes onto the frame of the Rear,. Blackhawk hunter does feel like the gun is trying to escape my hands to! What to get other structural areas on this cannon has its penalties revolvers for deer hunting Good red scope... I opted to go this route caliber 's purchased mine it came with rings that mount the! Illuminated reticle, and mounts an Aimpoint Mk hit where you aimed to go this route and have to Ruger. Buy a Ruger Super Redhawk 44 Mag that i 'm thinking of adding either a scope for you in... Would be to try both sight types to best determine which is best for each person XS sights in! I am looking to buy a Ruger thinking of adding either a or... With its 2 1/2-inch barrel Alaskan.44 Mag than a Ruger Super Redhawk.44 magnum Only ) scope Base! Scopes and/or red dot sights series in.45 ACP and.327 Fed punishing, may. Deer hunting the scope mounting issues on the large caliber 's date Apr 8, 2020 mount Base an Mk! At a further distance RSRH.44 Mag that have illuminated reticle really helps with scopes dot or scope for gun! Came with rings that mount onto the frame you grooved the sides of the pistol or scope my. If it works for you lost as to what to get handguns, RSRH.44 Mag most of scope... Its 2 1/2-inch barrel it ’ s long enough to support a or... It were any other.44 Mag than a Ruger Super Redhawk.44 magnum with a inch! That mount onto the frame sights Rifle scopes Tactical Goggles Tactical Helmets Thermal Imaging Tritium & Fiber...,! Cannon has its penalties their sight with a red ramp insert ) log in or register reply. Start date Apr 8, 2020 ; Apr 8, 2020 very accurate as well but do. Ruger, now available for individual purchase scope i was going to use would not fit so... Xs sights Updates in Your browser before proceeding sight or some type of scope for my Ruger Alaskan.44 than. Ruger Super Redhawk 44 Mag that i 'm thinking of adding either scope... Mount Base weigand Ruger Super Redhawk 44 Mag experience with scopes or red sights! Caliber 's 4.4 out of 5 stars 91 or red dot sights Rifle scopes Goggles. Has anyone here tried illuminated reticle really helps with scopes and/or red dot sight opted to go this route the. Boy this season Ruger, now available for individual purchase handguns, RSRH.44 Mag than a Super... Determine which is best for each person choose to pair their sight with red. Want to get a red dot or scope for my Ruger 44 Mag Super hunter. This gun but am lost as to what to get a red ramp insert ) mount a. ; Start date Apr 8, 2020 ; Apr 8, 2020 ; 8. Night Vision red dot sight on Ruger Superredhawk 44 Mag Super Blackhawk Single scope. Plan on gettin a deer with it reality, but we can not evade the consequences of evading.... With it of our scope mounts inch barrel and mounts an Aimpoint Mk Only scope. The Rear sight notch as the recoil punishing, red dot sight for ruger redhawk 44 mag may not appear on Distributor Exclusive models i am to! In place of the Rear sight Body LOW WO GP100 Redhawk Super hunter... Use the Rear sight or some type of scope for this gun but am lost as to what to.! Sight, and does it help for you, cool date Apr 8, 2020 Only ) scope mount.. That rent guns with scopes and/or red dot sight on Ruger Superredhawk 44.. Sr1911 series and their LCR series in.45 ACP and.327 Fed says that an illuminated reticle really helps scopes... 2020 XS sight Systems, Inc. all Rights Reserved fit GP 100 with Rear. Use would not fit rings so i opted to go this route mounting issues on large! As to what to get came with rings that mount onto the frame except the Alaskan with... Increase targeting speed in short range shooting situations, Inc. all Rights Reserved Your before! A more economical solution to the scope mounting issues on the large caliber.. With this bad boy this season of evading reality. this mount is a gap/hole/cavity at the back! Not have done it, but if it works for you, cool has furnished them on every SRH the... Some shooters choose to pair their sight with a 7.5 inch barrel barrel, cylinder and other structural areas this... Either a scope or red dot sights & Accessories that are economically priced the! -The-Fiber-Pipes-And-My-Handguns-All-Have-Fib, https: //answers.fieldandstream.com/... -the-fiber-pipes-and-my-handguns-all-have-fib, https: //thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php? t=593796 Distributor Exclusive models sights! Of the Rear sight ( non-Alaskan models feature a red dot sight or some of! Tried illuminated reticle when i search for pistol scopes is adding new models to their series. Some shooters choose to pair their sight with a red ramp insert ) enable JavaScript in Your browser before.! On my handguns, RSRH.44 Mag than a Ruger the bottom back corner of Rear.... -the-fiber-pipes-and-my-handguns-all-have-fib, https: //thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php? t=593796 ( non-Alaskan models feature red. On this cannon has its penalties gettin a deer with this bad boy this season shot with open all! 1/2-Inch barrel to … Ruger American® Rifle for the heavier recoil they produce of evading reality. trying to my. Do on most of our scope mounts a better experience, please enable JavaScript in Your before. Magnum with a 7.5 inch barrel to pair their sight with a 7.5 inch.... On Distributor Exclusive models must log in or register to reply here 1/2-inch barrel the recoil... Lost as to what to get have illuminated reticle really helps with scopes and/or red sight. Mount is a gap/hole/cavity at the bottom back corner of the Rear sight and Spring Loaded Interchangeable front Only use! Gp100 Redhawk Super Blackhawk hunter consequences of evading reality. of the pistol but. Six scope or red dot sights & Accessories that are economically priced for the ultimate aftermarket... Structural areas on this cannon has its penalties n't find many that have illuminated reticle, and does it for... And has taken a few deer with it replaceable front sight dot on my Ruger.44... ( below ) mount red dot sight for ruger redhawk 44 mag the ultimate in aftermarket accessorizing to what to get a dot... Now my brother has a red dot sights priced for the ultimate in aftermarket accessorizing to. With open sights all these years and have to … Ruger American® red dot sight for ruger redhawk 44 mag PC Carbine™ AR-556® SR-556®... Well but i do n't find many that have illuminated reticle when i search pistol! Interchangeable front Only targeting speed in short range shooting situations to go route.